It’s hard to believe that we’re already halfway through July! Christmas will be upon us before we know it! With that in mind, it’s never too early to get started on your Christmas cards… getting them done now means one less thing to worry about as we get closer to December. To help you get started, I have a tutorial for you, using the Evergreen Elegance bundle from the Annual Catalogue. I am part of a group of leaders, working together to create a variety of tutorials to share with our team members and customers, and this is the tutorial I shared this month.
Evergreen Elegance Card Tutorial
• Evening Evergreen Cardstock (155575)
• Soft Succulent Cardstock (155777)
• Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum (155616)
• Basic White Cardstock (159228)
• Evergreen Elegance Bundle (155579)
• Shimmery Crystal Effects (150892)
• Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush (141897)
• Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220)
• Adhesive of Choice
• 1 piece Evening Evergreen Cardstock 14.8 cm x 21cm
• 1 piece Soft Succulent Cadstock 14.3 cm x 10 cm
• 1 piece Basic White Cardstock 14.3 cm x 10 cm
• 1 piece Basic White Cardstock 14.3 cm x 2.5 cm
• Scrap piece of Evening Evergreen Cardstock (for punching trees), at least 14.3 cm long
• Scrap piece of Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum (for punching trees)
1. Score card base at 10.5cm
2. Take the Soft Succulent piece and stamp the two largest trees across the piece in Evening Evergreen ink. Stamp each tree twice before reinking. Make sure you stamp approx. 2.5cm up from the bottom of the card- stock.
3. Take the strip of Basic White cardstock and stamp the sentiment in the bottom left in Evening Evergreen Ink
4. Take the scrap pieces of Evening Evergreen cardstock and Shimmer Vellum. Punch a strip of trees from the cardstock, ensuring it is long enough to cover the length of the strip of Basic White cardstock.
**When punching the trees, as you move the strip of cardstock along, ensure you line up the trees with the markings on the punch**
5. Punch 3-4 lots of trees from the Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum.
**Vellum can be a bit tricky to remove from punches so be careful (and patient!). You may need to use a piercing tool (or similar) to gently guide the piece out of the punch. It is much easier to punch multiple pieces rather than trying to punch a continuous strip.
6. Adhere the vellum trees behind the cardstock trees so that the vellum trees are visible between the cardstock trees. Adhere to the top edge of the Basic White strip.
7. Adhere the Soft Succulent panel to the front of the card base.
8. Adhere the Basic White strip to the bottom of the Soft Succulent panel. Add Rhinestones to the bottom right corner.
9. Add shimmery crystal effects to the bottom edge of the punched trees. Highlight the stamped trees (and punched trees if desired) with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
10. Stamp desired sentiment on the Basic White panel and adhere to the inside of the card.