Hello! Apologies for the lack of posts recently, have been a bit hectic with uni assignments taking up most of my time! Today I have a fun fold tutorial for you, a reverse aperture card featuring the Party Puffins stamp set.
Stamp Set(s): Party Puffins (155054)
Card Stock: Pool Party A4 (124391), Basic White A4 (159228)
Designer Series Paper: Pattern Party DSP (Hostess Reward – 155426)
Stamp Pad(s) and Ink(s): Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (132708)
Dies and Embossing Folder(s): Picture This Dies (155559)
Tools: Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Stamparatus (148187), Stampin’ Write Markers (your choice of colours), Banners Pick A Punch (153608 optional), Tear & Tape Adhesive (154031)
- Pool Party 14.8cm x 21cm
- Basic White 14.3cm x 20cm
- DSP 14.3cm x 10cm
- scrap pieces of Basic White (approx. 1/2” wide strips) and Pool Party (approx. 5/8” wide strips)
- scrap piece of paper or cardstock 14.3cm x 10cm
- Score the Pool Party cardstock piece at 10.5cm on the long side to create your card base.
- Score the Basic White cardstock piece at 10cm on the long side to create the inner card base.
- Adhere the DSP to the front of the Pool Party card base but only place adhesive around the edges.
- Place the circles die from the Picture This dies on your Pool Party/DSP card front in your preferred position. Run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
N.B. You will need to run through 2-3 times to ensure it cuts through both layers.
- To help make it easier to line up the images you’re going to stamp, take the scrap piece of paper/cardstock and line up with the DSP, then line up the die. Run the scrap piece & die through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. This is your template to help line up the images.
- Place the template in the Stamparatus and line up the stamps as desired. Lower the plate onto the stamps to adhere. Remove the template and place the LEFT SIDE of the Basic White cardstock into the Stamparatus (i.e. the opposite side that you would normally make the front of your card base.)
- Ink up the stamps using your Memento Ink and stamp. If any images did not stamp clearly, just reink and stamp again.
- On the inside of the Basic White card base (remember that the card opens in reverse, so the score line is on the RIGHT side of where you’re stamping), stamp your preferred sentiment using Memento Ink.
- Colour the images using your choice of Stampin’ Write Markers. (I used Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade, Misty Moonlight, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink and Granny Apple Green).
- Stamp the Happy Birthday and Make A Wish sentiments on scraps pieces of Basic White cardstock and trim to required size. Use the Banners Pick A Punch on one end of the sentiment (or use paper snips)
- Trim the Pool Party scraps so they’re slightly bigger than the sentiment pieces then punch one end with the Banners Pick A Punch (or use paper snips).
- Adhere the sentiments to the Pool Party pieces
- Place Tear & Tape Adhesive on the FRONT RIGHT side of the Basic White card base, then adhere to the inside of the Pool Party card base.
N.B. Remember that the score line of the Basic White card base does not line up with the edge of the Pool Party card base – line it up as though adhering a typical card mat or insert.
- Fold along score line of Basic White base to close inner card, then fold along score line of Pool Party base to close outer card.
- Place Tear & Tape Adhesive on the back of the sentiment pieces, then adhere to the front of the card – Happy Birthday in the top right, Make A Wish in the bottom left.